Bogdanor, Adam, 200404, Not Working: Why Workfare Should Replace the New Deal, London: Policy Exchange.
Bogdanor, Adam, 200404, Not Working: Why Workfare Should Replace the New Deal, London: Policy Exchange. 73p 10.00 ISBN-10: 0954561171 [amazon]
1. What is the New Deal for Young People?
2. How Effective is the New Deal?
@Welfare-to-nowhere / Training / Environment Task Force/Voluntary Sector / Subsidised Employment / Effect on Job Search
3. How Many Jobs Has the New Deal Created?
@The Manifesto Target / The Revolving Door / Success rate of 40% / How many youth jobs has the New Deal created? / The 75% claim / Summary
4. How Much Does the New Deal Cost?
5. Why Workfare Works
@The status quo / Why Workfare Works
6. How Workfare Can Replace the New Deal
@Wisconsin and the Politics of welfare / 'Wisconsin Works'(w-2) / The Results / Was the economy responsible? / How much did it cost? / Implementing Workfare in the UK / Time Limits / Conclusion