Call for Papers
The Institute of International Relations and Area Studies (IIRAS) has been
leading various research projects that aim to explore the nexus between
international relations theories and empirical area studies. It has put
emphasis on major global issues, including peace-building, regional integration,
transnational movement, and global governance, with strong attentions to
the Asia-Pacific and European regions. IIRAS publishes its journal, Ritsumeikan International Affairs, in order to disseminate research in our field and share its findings
with scholars all over the world. With this Call for Papers, we strongly
encourage you to submit your writings for publication.
The following are the requirements for submission:
Requirements for Application
Eligibility:applicants must meet at least one of the following requirements
1. A faculty member of Ritsumeikan University
2. A member of a project sponsored by IIRAS
3. A graduate student at Ritsumeikan University
4. A person who is requested by IIRAS to submit a manuscript
Format: articles, research notes or book reviews related to international affairs
or area studies
Publication: manuscripts approved by the editorial committee will appear in the Journal
Note: those who satisfy eligibility requirement 4 will not need to take
the committee examination.
1. Article: maximum of 8,000 words (including charts, graphs, endnotes and
2. Research Note: maximum of 5,000 words (including charts, graphs, endnotes
3. Book Review: maximum of 2,000 words (including endnotes and references)
1. We welcome submissions from research projects sponsored by IIRAS.
2. An abstract of no more than 150 words and five keywords should appear on
the first page of each manuscript.
3. The Journal will be published both in paper and online with PDF format.
4. Please make sure that manuscripts are proofread and follow editorial guidelines as specified
by the Journal prior to submission.
5. Manuscripts should be submitted with Microsoft Word files.
Ritsumeikan International Affairs - English Journal
Ritsumeikan International Affairs Vol.16
Application Deadline: Extended.The detailed deadline will be announced
Manuscript Submission Deadline: October 31, 2017
Expected Date of Publication: March 31, 2018
Ritsumeikan Jouranal of International Relations and Area Studies-Japanese
Ritsumeikan Jouranal of International Relations and Area Studies vol.46
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
Manuscript Submission Deadline: June 30, 2017
Expected Date of Publication: October, 2017
Language: Japanese / English
We accept English manuscripts for Ritsumeikan Journal of International
Relations and Area Studies, so-called Japanese one, vol.46.
If you are interested in it, please click here.
*Note: You will go onto the Japanese page.