Academic Writing Tutorials Fall 2015
The Academic Writing Tutorials provides you the opportunity to have your written work checked by an English instructor. You can sign-up for a 45-minute private (one-on-one) tutorial session in which an instructor will check your actual paper (thesis/dissertation) to find areas which need improvement. Students who are planning on submitting a thesis or any other form of academic paper but lack confidence in your English writing ability should take advantage of this opportunity.
*We recommend you to use "Turnitin" (electronic text-matching system) before your tutorial sessions. For more details, please see this information.
Graduate students who are pursuing degrees at Ritsumeikan University.
|Date / Times||10:40 - 11:25||11:25 - 12:10||13:00 - 13:45||13:45 - 14:30||14:40 - 15:25||15:25 - 16:10||16:20 - 17:05||17:05 - 17:50||18:00 - 18:45||18:45 - 19:30|
|KIC||All sessions||RYOYUKAN 826|
|BKC||All sessions||ACROSS WING 691|
|OIC||All sessions||BUILDING A AC338|
There is no tuition fee for taking part in this non-credit program.
How to apply (for ONE tutorial session)
- Download an application form.
- Submit the completed application form to email@example.com by e-mail.
* Application deadline for each session: Two days before your preferred tutorial date.
- This is NOT a proof-reading service. Since the writing instruction will be based on actual written work, you must bring your own paper (or select pages from your paper) on the day of the tutorial.
- The instructor will NOT instruct or give professional advice on the contents of your research.
- Although each application is for one tutorial session, you must choose up to 3 preferences in case your preference conflicts with that of other students.
- Please double space your text to allow room for corrections.
- If you would like to take more than one tutorial session, you must submit an application form again. However, your next application will only be accepted AFTER your previous tutorial session.
- If you would like to attend a tutorial session after the application deadline is over, please contact SEICO Inc. 072-237-5804 to check for openings.
- his English Academic Tutorials is provided to you by Ritsumeikan University in cooperation with SEICO Inc.