The Application period for 2015 Admissions will be: October 31 - December 1, 2014.
Information for the Standard Application Period (Oct 31 - Dec 1, 2014)
Application Procedures for Degree-seeking Students
- 1. Eligibility Requirements
- To apply for a MONBUKAGAKUSHO scholarship, an applicant must:
Please refer to the scholarship outline for further information about scholarship eligibility, coverage, and conditions.
- Have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government. Applicants who have Japanese nationality are not eligible.
- Newly enter Japan for the purpose of study upon receipt of the scholarship.
- Have been born on or after April 2, 1980.
- Be in both good physical and mental health.
- Be able to arrive in Japan on the date designated by the host institution in the middle of September 2015.
- Meet or exceed the academic and linguistic ability requirements established by Monbukagakusho.
- 2. Application
- Monbukagakusho scholarships are divided into two categories, degree-seeking and non-degree seeking (research) students. Please read over the following documents containing important information about the content of, eligibility for, and application procedures for your desired scholarship below:
Application Procedures for Research Students
- Application Guidelines for Degree-seeking students li="" <="" results. ="" of="" notification="" and="" method,="" screening="" students,="" recruited="" number="" requirements,="" eligibility="" procedures,="" Application="" -="">
- Application Documents - Please fill in forms in electronic format before printing.
*Reference materials and FAQ may be found below. Please read all instructions contained within the forms and FAQ carefully before filling.
3. Additional Information & FAQ
- Please review our Researcher Database to assist with finding potential research supervisors.
- Students who need to request an individual review of their eligibility, as explained in the guidelines, should contact the International Center at BKC before October 31, 2014. Please see the contact information listed in the application guidelines.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a university in China or who have graduated from a university in China may find information on how to obtain their China Higher-education Student Information Online Verification System certificates here.
- A sample Letter of Recommendation format, including the required forms of address and writer's title, may be found here.
- For more information about the Monbukagakusho, please visit their home page: http://www.mext.go.jp/english/
- For more information about graduate programs we offer in English and Japanese, please see our admissions page: http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/eng/html/admissions/degree.html/
- If you wish to apply for a Japanese-taught program, please be sure to view our Japanese application guidelines and forms, follow the directions on that page, and complete your forms in Japanese, where appropriate.
- If you have questions about the application process, please check our Monbukagakusho Application FAQ first. If the FAQ does not answer your questions, please contact the International Center at BKC: