Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
The application period for 2013 was Jan. 21 - Feb. 18, 2013
The application period is now closed.
To inquire about the program, please contact the International Center at BKC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1. Eligibility Requirements
- To apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship under the "Universities in Japan with English-Language Program," an applicant must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member country eligible to borrow.
- Be born after March 31, 1973.
- Have, by March 31, 2013 at least 2, preferably 4 to 5, years of recent full time professional experience acquired after a university degree, in the applicant's home country or in another developing country.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
- Be in good health.
- Be of good character.
- Not be a permanent resident or a national of any industrialized country.
- Not be residing in an industrialized country for more than one year.
- Executive Directors, their alternates, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Development Association, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are excluded from consideration.
- Eligibility criteria are taken from the World Bank's JJ/WBGSP website.
Please read over the following documents containing important information about the Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program, and application procedures:
- 2. Scholarship Details
- The scholarship provides benefits for the recipient only, covering:
- Economy class air travel between the home country and the host university at the start of the study program and one return journey following the end of the overall scholarship period. In addition to the ticket, scholars receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition and the cost of basic medical and accident insurance usually obtained through the university;
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
- *The scholarship award is valid for the academic year immediately following the offer of award and cannot be deferred for any reason.
- *The JJ/WBGSP scholarship only supplements, and does not duplicate, any other source of financial support/fellowship the scholar might have. Scholars must inform the JJ/WBGSP if they have other sources of scholarship funds. The JJ/WBGSP stipend may be withdrawn completely or partially if during the scholarship period the Program has evidence of additional sources of support.