In the event that public transportation is interrupted due to typhoon or other causes
1.Classes at BKC will be cancelled in any of the following cases.
- a)When a storm warning (bofu keiho) or emergency weather warning is issued for the Kusatsu city or the Southern Ohmi District. If the storm warning or emergency warning is still in place at 15:00, all classes on that day shall be cancelled.
- b)When JR West services between Kyoto and Maibara are suspended.If services have not resumed by 15:00, all classes on that day shall be cancelled.
- c)If classes have already started in the event of either of the previous two paragraphs, classes will be cancelled from the next class period.
2.If the storm warning or emergency weather warning is cancelled or if public transportation services prescribed in paragraph 2 above, in which classes will be cancelled, resume, classes shall resume according to the following rules:
- a)If the warning is lifted or transportation services resume by 6:30, classes will be held from 1st Period.
- b)If the warning is lifted or public transportation resumes by 10:00, classes will be held from 5th Period.
- c)If the warning is lifted or public transportation resumes by 12:00, classes will be held from 7th Period.
- d)If the warning is lifted or public transportation resumes by 15:00, classes will be held from 11th Period.
- e)If the warning is not lifted or public transportation does not resume by 15:00, all classes will be cancelled for the day.
Classes that are held over two or more successive class periods shall not be commenced from the second or subsequent successive period.
Japan Metrological Agency’s Weather Warnings page:
(1)Contact from the UniversityInformation such as class cancellation, make up classes, classroom change, final or report examination as well as the schedule for information sesson will be provided by CAMPUS WEB:(http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/infostudents/).
(2)Safety Confirmation in Case of a Large-Scale DisasterThe University will send a safety confirmation e-mail to all students' Ritsumeikan E-mail accounts to confirm the safety of students in case of a large-scale disaster. If you receive a safety confirmation e-mail, please access to the URL included in the e-mail and answer the questions.