Through bilateral agreements, Japanese-style engineering education institutions were established in Malaysia, Egypt and India for the purpose of professional human resource development. As part of the Ritsumeikan Trust's efforts to actively contribute to the projects, Ritsumeikan dispatches professors, promotes academic exchange, receives students and implements training for university administrators.
Bilateral Projects NEWS/EVENTS
- 02. 16, 2018 Contributing on an International Stage - Egyptian Administrators undertake Training at Ritsumeikan
- 05. 27, 2016 Training for Administrators from Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST)
- 03. 11, 2016 Malaysian University Administrators Learn Japanese-style University Administration
- 03. 11, 2015 The Second University Administrative Training Course for MJIIT (Malaysia-Japan International Institute of Technology) Staff Members Held at Ritsumeikan
- 10. 09, 2014 President of the Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology visited Ritsumeikan
Malaysia Japan International Institute of Technology
With the aim to create an international hub of Japanese-style engineering education in Malaysia, Japanese and Malaysian governments agreed on the establishment of an independent institute within the University of Technology Malaysia (UTM). Japanese universities formed a consortium to provide support to the MJIIT's four departments (Electronic Systems Engineering, Mechanical Precision Engineering, Engineering and Green Technology and Management of Technology).
Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology
The missions of the university are as follows: to promote a Japanese style science and technology education in the Middle East and African countries, and to contribute to the development of human resources which will create new industries. Ritsumeikan plays an important role, especially in the area of university management.
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
In this project, based on the five priority fields agreed by the governments of India and Japan, various support programs, such as joint research initiatives, academic exchanges and campus development are carried out with the Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
Vietnam-Japan University (VJU) is an institution that aims to develop highly-skilled human resources. VJU was established with the support of the Japanese government in September 2016. Ritsumeikan University provides support in the field of Environmental Engineering as a coordinator university.