Ask a Librarian
Questions about library use and information retrieval can be directed to librarians at any of the libraries.
- If you do not know where books or periodicals you need are kept, we can check the collection for you.
※If you don’t know where books or periodicals are located, check the Ritsumeikan Library System (RUNNERS) ）or the national system, (CiNii Books) in the first.
- If you do not know how to search for the materials you need, we can give you the information you need.
At the Library Counters
Feel free to stop by the reference counter at any library. We can give you information and show you how to use the search screen.
※Time Schedule of Library Counter
By Web Form
You can submit your inquiry to each campus counter by filling out the required information though a web form. Please click the「Web Form」link below. The reference counter staff will contact you in a few days.
- Student/Faculty ID Number
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Question - please be as specific as possible
If you wish to submit your inquiry by FAX please check with the reference counter. Please submit your questions based on the foregoing format.
Major Sections at Each Library
* Please note that E-mail addresses are images if using copy & paste.
|Campus||Library||Topic||User Type||E-mail Address|
|Hirai Kaichiro Memorial Library
|Undergraduate|| Web Form
|Shugakukan Research Library||Social Sciences||Graduate/Faculty|| Web Form
|Humanities Reference Library||Humanities|
|Media Center||Natural Sciences||Undergraduate/ Graduate/Faculty|| Web Form
|Media Library||Social Sciences||Undergraduate/ Graduate/Faculty|| Web Form
|Osaka Ibaraki Campus||OIC Library||Social Sciences||Undergraduate/ Graduate/Faculty|| Web Form
|Suzaku Campus||Suzaku Research Library||Social Sciences
|Undergraduate/ Graduate/Faculty|| Web Form
- As a general rule, this service can only be used on campus.
- Depending on the content of the inquiry, considerable time may be required for a response. Also, we do not accept inquiries on Saturday, Sunday and school holidays.
- While we strive to help you, please understand that inquiries in some areas cannot be answered
- We do not accept inquiries by phone
- We respect your privacy
- We are happy to provide you with information, but we cannot provide a detailed analysis
- The following services are fee-based. Please request these services directly from the library counter
*Use of paid-search databases ・・・ You pay 1/3 of search fees
*Copies of materials from other libraries ・・・ You pay for photocopying, shipping and taxes
*Interlibrary loan (external) ・・・ You pay for return postage and handling and taxese