Inter-Campus Copying Service
What is the Inter-campus Copying Service?
Unbound journals held at libraries on other campuses are not transferable. If you wish to read such journals, please make use of the Inter-campus Copying Service. The service is available to all persons in possession of a library card.
In regard to the transfer of bound journals, users have the choice of request the transfer of the original journal or copies of the journals.
Summary of Services
Registered library users, Ritsumeikan University and APU staff/faculty members, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
Where to submit applications to use service:
Counters at Hirai Kaichiro Memorial Library, Shugakukan Research Library, Media Center, Media Library, Suzaku Research Library, or APU Library.
（If you submit a request at the Shugakukan Research Library, please collect the material at Hirai Kaichiro Memorial Library.）
Serial publications, such as periodicals and almanacs, held at each library at Kinugasa Campus, Suzaku Campus, BKC, OIC, and APU, and books in the campus libraries that are not available for interlibrary transfer and not held at the requesting library.
Borrowing conditions for materials unavailable at the requesting campus :
|Item Type||Transfer of Original Material||Inter-Campus Copying Service|
|Books（In-library use only）||○||×|
|Books（Materials that may not be reserved or transferred）||×||○|
20 yen per page for black-and-white.
60 yen per page for color.
30 yen per page for microfilm/microfiche.
（Please purchase certificate stamps to make payment with when receiving the photocopies.）
Please note the following:
- Copyrighted materials published within the last 3 months and the latest editions of publications may not be copied.
- Half or greater of the content of an issue of copyrighted material may not be copied. (However, if one article/dissertation constitutes half or greater of an issue, half or greater of the content of the issue may be copied.)
- We are unable to send copied materials via fax or email.
- Applications generally cannot be cancelled after they have been made.
- Some books such as rare books are not available for photocopying.
- Only less than one half of a book may be photocopied.
Rules when requesting transfer of materials from other campuses:
- You are able to order the transfer of materials from other campuses when such materials are not available at the campus at which you wish to use them (even when they are on loan).
- The transfer of materials that are available for borrowing can be requested through RUNNERS. Transfer of all other materials must be requested at a counter. (Library users without a RAINBOW ID must make all requests at the counter.)
- Unbound journals are not available for transfer.
- Some materials, such as designated materials at Suzaku, are not available for reservation or transfer.
- Some materials, such as valuable materials and heavily damaged materials, may not be available for transfer.
- Materials may not be transferred between facilities on the same campus. However, persons who do not have permission to enter Kinugasa research facilities may request the transfer of materials held at such facilities to the Hirai Kaichiro Memorial Library.
- Only persons enrolled in or holding lectures at the Osaka Umeda Campus may request transfers to the Osaka Umeda Campus. (Only the transfer service is available at the Osaka Umeda Campus. The inter-campus photocopying service is not available.）
A comparison of copying services:
|Service Type||Eligible Users||Applicable Materials||Copying Fees|
|Inter-Campus Copying Service.
*Provided as a print-out.
|Faculty and staff members at Ritsumeikan University and APU, graduate students, undergraduate students, and registered library users.||Serial publications held at each library at Kinugasa Campus, Suzaku Campus, OIC, BKC and APU, and books at campus libraries that are not available for interlibrary transfer and not held at the requesting library.||
|Copying proxy service.
*Provided as a print-out.
|Full-time faculty members at Ritsumeikan University||Books, publications (copies) and other items stocked at various facilities at the Kinugasa, BKC, OIC and Suzaku campuses for which the inter-campus copying service is not applicable. Excluding micro materials, valuable materials, and materials non-printed materials. Click here for further details.||
*Provided as a PDF file
|Professors, associate professors, "Sennin" lecturers, assistant professors, and lecturers of Ritsumeikan University||Books and periodicals held at the Hirai Kaichiro Memorial Library, Shugakukan Research Library, Arts & Humanities Library, Media Center, Media Library, and OIC Library. Materials excluded from this service include the following: microfilm/microfiche, rare books, and non-printed materials. Click here for further details.||