Ritsumeikan University Graduate School Research Proposal Contest AY2015
Ritsumeikan University Graduate School Research Proposal Contest
Your research achievements may form part of your theses, raise questions for society, or provide solutions to problems. However, you will first need to acquire the skills to properly design a research proposal. This is a great opportunity to challenge yourself to write a research proposal and see how other people evaluate it. All interested graduate students are encouraged to enter.
Contest Entry Information
1. To improve conceptualization skills for research.
2. To develop your ability to convey your specialist knowledge and research results to wider society.
3. To improve your generic writing skills.
Graduate students who are currently enrolled in a master's program, doctoral program, 5-year doctoral program, or professional degree program at Ritsumeikan University are eligible to enter.
Field of Study
Humanities and Social Science
Science and Engineering
Friday, September 25, 2015 – Friday, October 30, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
How to Enter
Submit the application data to the Office of Graduate Studies by email.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcement of Results
Late November, 2015
The results will be mailed to the contestant’s address.
The first-place winners will present their research proposal at the award ceremony. After the ceremony, a small party will be held for all contestants.
1st place – 1 student from each field (Certificate & \30,000 worth of bookstore gift cards)
2nd place – 2 students from each field (Certificate & \10,000 worth of bookstore gift cards)
Extra effort award – 3 students from each field (Certificate)
Graduate Students Career Path Support Center
Office of Graduate Studies at Kinugasa Campus
1) Only one application per person is permitted. (Joint research is not accepted.)
2) Applications must be completed by the applicant.
3) Applicants who have applied before cannot apply with the same research proposal. The contents this time must be improved including some progress.
4) Documents submitted in application will not be returned. Please ensure that you make copies of all documents you submit.
5) Applications that do not meet the requirements or do not abide by the rules for submission will not be processed.
6) If any falsification of research progress or results is found on the application, the applicant will be severely punished in accordance with Ritsumeikan University Student Disciplinary Regulations.
7) We cannot answer queries regarding screening process.
1) Download the application form from the website of the Graduate Students Career Path Support Center. Please make sure to complete your application using the prescribed forms for this contest and type them using a font size of 10.5 point. If you change the prescribed format or if you attach documents composed on paper other than the prescribed form, your application will not be accepted.
Forms can be downloaded here:
□AY2015 Application Guidelines
2) Use diagrams (graphs, charts or other methods) to provide a general outline of your research in the “Research outline diagram” box. (Page 2 of the application form) Refer to the diagrams of the last year's awardees: http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/ru_gr/g-career/news/article.html/?id=109
3) Complete your application using a computer.
4) Applications should be written in Japanese or English.
5) Use graphs, charts, or other visual aids to make your research proposal understandable to readers, who may not necessarily be experts in, nor have previous knowledge of, your field.
6) The application data must be in PDF format.
1) Consistency of argument and format
2) Readability and clarity of explanation
4) Concreteness of research plan/proposal
Applications will be evaluated by a screening committee established by the Graduate Student Career Path Support Center. If any falsification of research progress or results is found on the application, the applicant will be severely punished in accordance with Ritsumeikan University Student Disciplinary Regulations.
Handling of Personal Information
Personal information obtained by the contest organizer as part of the Ritsumeikan University Graduate School Research Proposal Contest will be managed and handled in accordance with the Ritsumeikan Trust Basic Policy for the Protection of Personal Information. However, names, affiliations and research outline diagram of awardees will be posted at the awards ceremony and on the Ritsumeikan websites.