Activities in 2018
11 February 2019
Eight students of our lab have finished their public defenses. Good job.
7 November 2018Yesterday, we held dinner party!
- Oden (under cooking)
- Smoking device given by Dr. K. N.
- A research on effective use of heat
19 October 2018Global workshop for Leading Engineers in Asia 2018
Mr. Mizuno and Masih actively participate research/cultural exchanges.
19-21 September 2018Mr. Masih of master course student made a poster talk at ISIJ meeting.
- Poster presentation by Mr. Masih
13-14 September 2018We visited NSSMC Oita works and I2cener of Kyushu Univeristy.
- Honda Ogawa works
- Honda Yorii works
10-12 September 2018We visited NSSMC Oita works and I2cener of Kyushu Univeristy.
- We went to Oita and Fukuoka from September 10th to 12th.
- On the first day, we visited Nippon steel & Sumitomo metal Oita office. Who is the person with crooked helmet?...It's me.
- Dinner was seafood in Kyushu.
- On the second day, we have seminar by researchers and undergraduate students in Kyushu university.
- Neo-futuristic machine.
3-7 September 2018Prof. Yamasue, Dr. Jordi, Mizuno-kun (M1) and Kurogi-kun (UG) visited Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam for international conferences (Yamasue, Jordi, Mizuno), field survey (all), and an invited talk (Yamasue).
- Safe arrival at Noi Bai airport
- Meeting with Prof. Dr. Luong
- With Prof. Dr. Quang
- Poster presentation by Dr. Jordi
- Mizuno-kun is practicing his oral presentation supported by Kurogi-kun.
- The Vietnam
- Mizuno-kun's oral talk
- Invited seminar by Prof. Yamasue
- With Prof. Dr. Huy, Luong, Vu and their students.
FYI (Soul foods in Hanoi)
- Goat blood pudding
- Vietnamese wine?
- Balut. Yamasue and Kurogi-kun ate 8 of it.
13-15 August 2018Dr. Sabatini and Prof. Yamasue visited world heritage in Yamaguchi prefecture for field survey
- Okiri 4th pit @Naganobori Cu mine
- Naganobori copper museum
- Hagi Reverberatory furnace
- Oitayama Tatara museum
8 August 2018We hold a joint seminar with Osaka City University (Mizutani lab), Kyoto Prefectural University (Yamakawa lab), and Ritsumeikan University (Hashimoto lab and Yamasue lab).
- B4 Ukyo Takata
- B4 Nanami Nakagawa
- B6 Muku Yuasa
- M1 Nobuyuki Mizuno
- M1 Siho Fujimura
This time was a seminar with Osaka prefecture university and Kyoto prefecture university. Undergraduate students were first time seminar and they got nervous, but graduate students’ presentations were amazing. We will continue to do our best.
1 June 2018Poster presentation by Mr. Mizuno
- His presentation skill becomes better and better.
- At social-gathering party
26 April 2018A welcome party for Dr. Benjamin Sabatini
- Kurogi cut vegetables
- Mizuno mixed meats and vegetables
- Mr.Yamasue made Chinese dumpling
- This is the completed product.
- The special lunch made by Mizuno.
- The table looked small because of many dishes.
- Afghanistan dish.
- Masih and his friend cooked Afghanistan dish.
- Benjamin is good at making takoyaki.
12 April 2018We hold sudden curry party.
- Students in lab hold a dubious ceremony around the pot….
- Prof.Yamasue put the finishing touches to chicken curry.
- The curry is so delicious that we get addicted to it.
- Daiki brought the rice made by Yamaichi farm.
- Halal curry for Masih