Database for Specific TMR
Quantification of mining activities
In our website, we are providing information for total material requirement, TMR. More concretely, we summarize database for specific TMR with reference(s). The specific TMR is one of measures to quantify mining activities to provide unit amount of product or service (unit: kg-TMR/kg, kg-TMR/kWh, etc.), considering hidden flow. We are welcome to add specific TMRs by other researchers.
As of today (early 2018), we have already estimated the specific TMR for more than 700 substances, materials, products and processes. Although we only disclose published data, if you need unlisted data privately, please contact us via here.
- There is no need to contact with us when you use the specific data listed here. But please add primary reference(s). We are happy if you could refer our website as well. It should be noted that every data was estimated under specified assumptions or case studies. Thus, when you use our database, never forget to pay attention to these assumptions.
Two specific TMRs we defined
- NO-TMR: Natural Ore TMR, This is a specific TMR to obtain target substance, material, product, and services, etc. from natural resources.
- UO-TMR: Urban Ore TMR, This is a specific TMR to recycle target substance, material, product, and services, etc. from urban resources. It should be noted that the start point of estimation is one when target product loses its function. In other words, no profile such as material inputs for production and energy inputs in use are not considered.
Actually, some products are produced using both natural and urban resources. In such cases, we use only "specific TMR".
Database of specific TMR
- Eiji YAMASUE, Kazuyo Matsubae and Keiichi N. Ishihara: “Weight at Source for Phosphorous Fertilizer Production”, Global Environmental Research, Vol.19, No.1 (2015) pp.97-104
- Eiji Yamasue, Kazuyo Matsubae, Kenichi Nakajima, Seiji Hashimoto, Tetsuya Nagasaka: “Using Total Material Requirement to Evaluate the Potential for Recyclability of Phosphorous in Steelmaking Dephosphorization Slag”, J. Industrial Ecology, Vol.17, Issue 5, (2013), pp.722-730, DOI: 10.1111/jiec.12047
- 山末英嗣，光斎翔貴，松八重一代，マクレランベンジャミン：「食料生産における関与物質総量の枠組の提案と評価 ～国産食材のTMR係数～」，日本LCA学会誌，第14巻，第4号，(2018), （印刷中）
Above results (by us) have been partly supported by various research budgets. We express our gratitude.
- MEXT KAKENHI Grant Number: 22360218 (2010-2013)
- MEXT KAKENHI Grant Number: 22710008 (2010-2013)
- Research Institute of Science and Technology for Society of Japan Science and Technology Agency,(JST-RISTEX) as the research program on Science of Science, Technology and Innovation Policy, which project leader is Prof. Dr. K. Matsubae, Tohoku University. (2012-2015)
- Arai zaidan (2014-2015)
- MEXT KAKENHI Grant Number: 15H02862 (2015-)