Kota KODAMAAssociate Professor
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Kyushu University)
- Field of Research
- Life Science MOT, Technology based Start-up (Venture) Methodology, Bioinformatics
- Theme of Research
- New Products Development by Collaboration of Industries and Universities
- Optimization of New Drug and Medical Device Development
- Bioinformatics research in Life Sciences
Dr. Kodama joined Suntory Holdings Limited after graduating (1998) and completed master's degree (2000) at Kyushu University Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. He obtained a PhD (Pharmaceutical Sciences) from Kyushu University in 2004.
After predoctoral at RIKEN and postdoctoral training at several university, he contributed the industry-academic joint research at Hokkaido University as an associate professor and project manager (2010-2016). He has been appointed for an associate professor, Graduate School of Technology Management (MOT), Ritsumeikan University, since 2016 to present. He has been engaged in a variety of academic, business and projects management, especially in the field of Life Sciences.
His areas of specialization are technology management, entrepreneurship, business development and bioinformatics.
Recently, he is selected as a Fellow of Fondation France-Japon de l'EHESS as follows: http://ffj.ehess.fr/kota_kodama.html.
- 1. Tomohiro Makino, Shintaro Sengoku, Shuichi Ishida and Kota Kodama, Trends in interorganizational transactions in personalized medicine development, Drug Discovery Today, in press IF:6.848
- 2. Tomohiro Makino, Yeongjoo Lim and Kota Kodama, Strategic R&D transactions in personalized drug development, Drug Discovery Today, 2018 Jul;23(7):1334-1339., IF:6.848
- 3. Mikuni S, Kodama K, Sasaki A, Kohira N, Maki H, Munetomo M, Maenaka K, Kinjo M, (2015) Screening for FtsZ dimerization inhibitors using fluorescence cross-correlation spectroscopy and surface resonance plasmon analysis. PLoS One. 10(7):e0130933. IF: 2.766
- 4. Saio T, Ogura K, Kumeta H, Kobashigawa Y, Shimizu K, Yokochi M, Kodama K, Yamaguchi H, Tsujishita H, Inagaki F, (2015) Ligand-driven conformational changes of MurD visualized by paramagnetic NMR. Sci Rep. 19;5:16685. IF:4.609
- 5. Pitambar GAUTAM, Kota Kodama and Kengo ENOMOTO, Joint bibliometric analysis of patents and scholarly publications from cross-disciplinary projects: implications for development of evaluative metrics, Journal of Contemporary Eastern Asia, Volume 13, No.1: 19-37 (2014)
Affiliation with Academic Associations
- The Japan Society for Science Policy and Innovatin Management (Japan), Councilor
- Pharmaceutical Society of Japan (Japan)
- Intellectual Property Association of Japan (Japan)
- The Japan Academic Society for Ventures and Entrepreneurs (Japan)
- RIKEN Junior Research Associate, 2003, RIKEN, Yokohama, JP
- Innovative Aspects of Oral Drug Delivery and Absorption Graduate/Postdoc Award, 2005, Controlled Release Society, Miami, US
- The Osaka University G-TEC Executive Committee Presents this Award, 2013, Osaka University, Osaka, JP
- Fondation France-Japon de l'EHESS fellowship, 2019