The SUP! Language Exchange Program matches you with a Language Exchange Partner so you can learn from each other. (Free of charge)
This program is a perfect opportunity for those who find themselves saying the following things.
- I understand the words and grammar, but I have trouble speaking. I feel embarrassed and hesitate to speak.
- I am studying the language but I want more opportunities to speak.
- It's difficult to continue if studying by myself. But, I don't want to spend money on learning languages.
- Registration Period for the 2022 Spring Semester
- Thursday, March 24th, 2022 - 24:00 on Monday, April 18th, 2022
- Announcement Regarding Language Exchange Partners
- Friday, April 22nd, 2022 You will be notified by e-mail.
- All undergraduate students, graduate students at Ritsumeikan University can participate in this program.
- Session Period
- From Monday, May 9th, 2022 to Friday, July 8th, 2022 You and your partner will meet a specified time and do language exchange.
- Schedule & Location
- Meeting place is anywhere on your campus.
How?（From registration to participation）
Register the languages that “you would like to learn” and “you can teach”.
We will find the best Language Exchange Partner for you!
You will be notified by e-mail whether we find your Language Exchange Partner or not.
Please note that it may not be possible for all registrants to always find partners.
You will set up a meeting time and place by e-mail with your partner!
Then, you will make the learning plan (how you teach and learn each other) and decide on which sessions you and your partner attend.
You and your partner will meet at a specified time and day of the week for language exchange.
When all sessions are finished, the program with that partner will be complete.
If you wish to continue the program, you must register again for next semester.
- Is it possible to request a student, not a faculty staff member, as my Language Exchange Partner?
- When you register for this program, you can specify whether you prefer a student to be your Language Exchange Partner or if a faculty/staff member is okay.
- How do I meet my Language Exchange Partner?
- On the announcement day, we will inform you your language exchange partner and his/her e-mail address. So please contact via e-mail with your partner and set up the meeting time.
- Do I have to have a session with my partner every week?
- No. It's no t mandatory to have a session every week. You can arrange your session schedule with your partner.
- Can I find a partner for a language which is not provided in a class at the university?
- Of course, with a little luck we may be able to find a Language Exchange Partner for the language you want to learn.
- After all sessions are finished, can I still meet my partner?
- Yes. Some participants have been maintaining their friendships long after all sessions have finished.