DMDP is an innovative program in which students can obtain Master's degree from two academic institutions in as short as two years by spending one year at each institution. Graduate School of International Relations signed a DMDP agreement with the School of International Service at American University in 1992, the first such agreement by a Japanese university. This highly-acclaimed program aims to produce human resources that can play a leading role in the field of international cooperation and global governance.
DMDP Partner Universities
2ways to perticipate in DMDP
- Option1: Apply for Regular Admissions(DMDP Applicants)
- DMDP candidates are selected at the time of admission to RU. Applicants will be able to have enough time to be well prepared for their study abroad.
in Tution Costs.
Compared to studying abroad ad a non-DMDP student, the total tutuion will be reduced significantly. Ritsumeikan University's Scholarship for DMDP students is a big advantage as well.
Tuition for MA program if studying at AU
KYOTEI RYUGAKU Scholarship(Scholarship for the Graduate Students who study abroad on Student Exchange Programs provided by Ritsumeikan University)
KYOTEI-RYUGAKU Scholarship is scholarship program for graduate students who study abroad on student exchange programs provided by RU, Ritsumeikan University grants KYOTEI-RYUGAKU Scholarship equivalent to the half of amount Ritsumeikan tuition to students.
DMDP Total Number of Hosting/Sending Students
|Partner Universities||No. of Hosting Students||No. of Sending Students|
|American University (starting from 1992)||40||43|
|The International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (starting from 2004)||0||13|
|University of Granada (starting from 2005 to 2013)||10||3|
|Lancaster University (starting from 2007 to 2015)||-||2|
|Royal Holloway, University of London (starging from 2007)||-||6|
|The University of York (starting from 2007)||-||9|
|Kyung Hee University (starting from 2008)||1||3|
|National Chengchi University (starting from 2017)||3||0|
(as of November 2017)
Places of Employment
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Japan Embassy
- Other Public Organizations/NPOs
- Japan Foundation
- Kyoto Prefectural International Center
- Thai Reps Office, Asia Seed
- Faculty of International Relations, Ritsumeikan University
- Faculty of Social Science, Ritsumeikan University
- Asia Pacific University
- Financial Institutions
- World Bank
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Shinsei Bank
- Nomura Research Institute America, Inc.
- Nomura Research Institute
- Private Companies
- C. Itoh & Co.,Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Corp.
- Chunichi Shinbun Washington
- Toyo Keizai Inc.
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Hitachi Plant Technologies, Ltd.
- Rakuten, Inc.
- Post Graduate
- Graduate School of Columbia University
- Doctoral Program at Tsuda College
- Doctoral Program at The University of Pittsburgh
- Doctoral Program, Faculty of International Relations at Ritsumeikan University
in random order