Programs and Languages
- Master's Programjapanese|english
- Doctoral Programjapanese|english
China's International Relations, Security Studies
Does China play the role of a ‘responsible power’ in international affairs? China contributes to UN peacekeeping operations in South Sudan and undertakes large-scale investment in the oil sector there. Analysts debate whether such activities amount to ‘responsible’ behaviour, but what is missing in the debate is a perspective of those on the receiving end of China’s security and economic contributions. My research examines the often-neglected perspectives of the developing world in response to China’s peacekeeping operations and humanitarian assistance.
Message for Applicants
China’s rise has affected a variety of global issues such as peacebuilding, humanitarian assistance and environmental problems. To what extent has China exerted its influence in global issues, and what has been the nature of such influence? To consider the future of international relations, it is essential to explore these questions from global perspectives. A rich diversity of backgrounds of Ritsumeikan’s graduate students, together with my research on these questions, will make our discussion very lively and informative. I look forward to working with you all to explore China’s potential and the problems it faces in international society.
Advised Master’s Thesis (Last 5 years)
- Gender-based Violence in Democratic Republic of the Congo: Case Study of the UN Peacekeeping Forces in the Kivus “Lack of Lost Touch with Reality”
- The Role of China as A Responsible Power: A Case Study of China in Building Peace in South Sudan
- China's capacity building program: the case with Africa
- How had China approached the non-intervention principle in the period from 2000 to 2011?
- The Perceived Impact of India-China Competition on the Political Instability of Nepal: An Analysis of the Post-Monarchy Political Situation of 2008-2016
- China’s Sea Power in the Indian Ocean: Lessons from Mahan
- 中国の国内政治と規範の受容との関連性研究 ー南シナ海問題を例としてー(2013～2018)