Programs and Languages
International Economy, International Surplus Capital
Based on my own concept “international surplus capital” which includes bank loan, bond investment, and stock investment, I have conducted a research on historical development of the world economy. I recently have a strong interest in the global financial crisis ignited by the subprime mortgage loan. Dialectics as a basic methodology of social sciences is also my research topic for a long time.
Message for Applicants
When I was an undergraduate student in economics, I organized with my friends a study group for reading so-called “classics” of economics and social sciences. I successfully acquired the ability of reading and understanding tough literatures in my specialty. Applied research could be based only on a basic and painstaking training of this kind. I hope that you would have such an experience in your undergraduate years if you want to study in a graduate school.
Advised Master’s Thesis (Last 5 years)
- Reasons and Resolutions of Sino-US Trade Friction
---A Comparative Study of US-Japanese and US-Chinese Trade Frictions
- Research on China's Capital Surplus Problem and Countermeasures from the Perspective of Capital Circulation
- A Study on the Cambodian Rice Sector:The Implications of the EU’s Imposed Tariffs on Cambodian Rice
- An inquiry into the development path of China's pilot Free Trade Zone Using the Shanghai pilot Free Trade Zone as main example
Advised Doctoral Dissertations
- 1920年代アメリカの資本輸出 - 独占利潤のマネーフローと利益集団の海外進出 -
- The New Political Economy of Agricultural Development and Food Security in sub-Saharan Africa （サブサハラ・アフリカにおける農業開発と食糧安全保障の新政治経済学）
- The Effect of Communication Technology and Innovation on Economic Growth in ASEAN5+3 Countries （通信技術とイノベーションがASEAN5+3諸国の経済成長に与える影響）