Programs and Languages
Constitutional Law, Peace Studies
My research interest is to explore constitution and constitutionalism from the perspectives of international politics, international relations, and peace studies. Particularly I have revisited the pacifism of the Japanese Constitution in relation to peace studies and NGO activities, and in the context of East Asian politics. My recent research topic is global constitutionalism. I am involved in NGO activities myself. Every year I nominate a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Message for Applicants
My recent research topics are comparative studies of constitutional "peace" provisions and an inquiry on peace-building and constitution-making. I am also interested in a dialogue between the miltary and civil society (civilians and NGOs). I particularly welcome students who share my research interests.
Advised Master’s Thesis (Last 5 years)
- Reviewing the Quasi-Alliance Model between South Korea and Japan in the Age of Uncertainty:
Impact of Inter-Korea Relations on Security Dynamics in East Asia
- “Rural Tourism in Nepal: Strengths and Challenges:
A Case Study of Panauti, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal”
- THE REINTERPRETATION OF ARTICLE 9 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF JAPAN BASED ON THEORY OF SOCIAL CONTROL OF SOCIAL & DEMOCRATIC STATE OF LAW.
- Regional Integration Approach to Interethnic Conflicts: The case of Fergana Valley in Kyrgyzstan.
Advised Doctoral Dissertations
- 韓国憲法における平和条項の規範と現実 ―民主化、憲法裁判所、「二つの法体系」論―
- 世界秩序を構想する学習による平和教育の再構築 ―中等教育におけるカリキュラム開発と実践―
My recent publications are: “Global Constitutionalism and Japan’s Constitutional Pacifism,” Ritsumeikan Journal of International Studies Vol. 23 No. 3 (2011), “Article 9,” in Nigel J. Young (ed.), The Oxford International Encyclopedia of Peace, Volume 1 (Oxford University Press, 2010), “Japan’s Contribution to Global Constitutionalism,” Societies Without Borders Volume 4-2 (Bril, 2009l), “Peace in East Asia and the Japanese Constitution: A Reexamination 60 years After Its Making,” Ritsumeikan Journal of International Studies Vol. 21 No. 3 (2009). I am now serving as Co-Secretary-General of the Asia-Pacific Peace Research Association.
- 『日本国憲法の「しない」平和主義と「する」平和主義（平和文庫26）』(札幌独立キリスト協会 , 2013)