Student Identification Card (Student ID Card)

The student ID card is not only used to prove that you are a student of Ritsumeikan University, but also used in your daily college life such as for the use of facilities in the University or the confirmation of class attendance via the IC card reader. Please carry your student ID card with you every day and be careful not to lose it.

An enrollment confirmation label must be attached to the back of the student ID card. The last day of the semester of the required standard enrollment period for graduation or completion is printed on the label for the back of your student ID card. Student ID card without the label on the back will be invalid.

Only students who need to purchase a commuter pass will receive a sticker with the relevant academic year printed on the '通学区間/Route' and '通学定期乗車券発行控/Student Commuter Pass Issuance Slip' sections. The sticker must be replaced every academic year, so students who need this sticker should ask for it at the Manabi Station.

*The stickers for AY 2023 will be distributed starting March 23, 2023.

When a Change is Made to Your Address/Commuting Route Written on your Student ID Card

You need to follow the procedure at Manabi Station for the correction of your information written on the back of your student ID card (have your student ID card stamped with a correction seal by the University). After you change the current address registered on the CAMPUS WEB, please come to the Manabi Station.

If there are no more blank spaces left on the label for the back of your Student ID Card (enrollment confirmation label)

Please come to the Manabi Station.

If you lose your Student ID Card

The ID card has to be re-issued; please come to the Manabi Station. (Re-issuance fee: 2,000 yen)

*In the case of damage to the magnetic strip/IC functions or a change of name, etc., the Student ID Card is re-issued free of charge.

Special response for the time being

*Applications for sticker mailing service have closed.

Student Identification Number

The university assigns a student identification number to those admitted. The number remains unchanged during enrollment and after graduation.

Structure of Student ID Number (11 digits)(Each symbol refers to the following.)


○○: College, ●●: Department/major/course, △△: (*)Application year, □□□□: Individual number, ■: Security code

* Student ID numbers may change if a student transfers to another major or is readmitted.
(*) The “application year” indicates which year’s curriculum applies to the student. Usually, the “application year” is the same as the “entrance year.” However, in the case of advanced transfer admission, transfer admission, or readmission, the “application year” will generally be different from the “entrance year”.

For inquiries
Manabi Station
Kinugasa: Gakujikan 1F
BKC: Prism House 1F
OIC: Building A 1F AC Administrative Office
Suzaku: Administrative Office, Inter-Faculty Graduate Schools