Ritsumeikan University KENKYU-SHOREI Scholarship (Prize Fellowship for the Doctoral Degree Students)
purpose of this scholarship is to encourage the research activities in the
eligible programs by supporting the tuition of graduate students who have
achieved excellence in their field of research. There are three types of
scholarships (KENKYU-SHOREI S,A,B).
Applicable Eligibility is set as follows :
- Students enrolled in a doctoral program (1st year, 2nd year and 3rd year students).
- Students enrolled in Year 3rd,4th or 5th in the Integrated Doctoral Program.
- Students enrolled in 4-year doctoral program (1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year and 4th year students).
＊Here, currently enrolled refers to students with a status of either enrolled or study abroad.
＊Study abroad means study abroad programs offered by Ritsumeikan (i.e. DMDP, Exchange programs).
Number of Recipients
||Selected by Ritsumeikan University||
Students falling under any of below 1 or 2 will be awarded KENKYU-SHOREI S.
100% reduction in tuition
*Details will be notified recipients directly through manaba+R
*For details on application, please be sure to confirm the Application Guidelines.
Students falling under the requirement
below will be eligible to apply for KENKYU-SHOREI A/B.
*Applications for A and B will be accepted together. “A” for outstanding students and “B” for students corresponding to A.
*The Educational/Research Purposes set by each graduate school shall be regarded as ones stipulated in each graduate school regulations. Please refer to the Application Guidelines for details.
*Recipients of other scholarships may not qualify to receive more than one scholarship. Those who fall under this category should confirm the eligibility in advance.
| <Number of Recipients>|
5% of the total number of Doctoral students enrolled in each graduate school as of May 1st .
15% of the total number of Doctoral students enrolled in each graduate school as of May 1st.
Amount equivalent to full tuition fees
Amount equivalent to half of tuition fees
Recipients will receive notification from Ritsumeikan University. Please take necessary procedures accordingly.
*A notice will be informed through manaba+R.
*Procedures for disbursement will be completed within the first semester.
*Scholarship will be paid twice a year.
Applicants are required to submit the designated application form.
For details, please refer to the Application Guidelines.
Spring: Monday, May 30 - Wednesday, June 8, 2022
** Fall: Friday, October 28 - Friday, November 4, 2022
**Not all of graduate schools accept in the fall semester.
| **Graduate schools which offer the application in the Fall Semester in AY2022: |
Graduate School of International Relations, Graduate School of Policy Science, Graduate School of Technology Management , and Graduate School of Core Ethics and Frontier Sciences
*Spring application are mainly for students who entered the university in April, and Fall application are mainly for students who entered the university in September.
Login manaba+R and submit the documents from "大学院キャリアパス推進室（Graduate Student Career Path Support Center)".
[How to submit Application Documents/Documents necessary for procedures(PDF)]
Application Guidelines◆ KENKYU－SHOREI Scholarship [Prize Fellowship for Doctoral Degree Students] A/B Application Guidelines
Documents to be submitted
- Application Documents Check List
- KENKYU-SHOREI Scholarship Application Documents Check List(Word) (Spring Semester)
- KENKYU-SHOREI Scholarship Application Documents Check List(Word) (Fall Semester)
- KENKYU－SHOREI Scholarship [Prize Fellowship for Doctoral Degree Students A/B]Application Form(Word/.doc)
- KENKYU－SHOREI Scholarship [Prize Fellowship for Doctoral Degree Students A/B]Application Form(Word/.docx)
※The number of page may show differently according to the version of Word.
Please use the Application Form which shows total 7 pages on your PC.
- [Graduate School of Information Science and Engineering_Guideline(PDF)] (Japanese only)
- [Graduate School of Information Science and Engineering_Form(Word)] (Japanese only)
| Office of Graduate Studies
| Tel. (075)465-8195 ||email@example.com|