10-second breathing technique
This is an easy and handy relaxation technique called “10-second breathing technique.”
As you may have guessed, it can be done in 10 seconds.
1. Close your eyes and exhale all the air out of your body.
2. Inhale through your nose as you count 1 to 3.
3. Hold at 4.
4. Exhale slowly through your pursed lips from 5 to 10.
The key to this breathing is:
1. To focus on your exhaling, rather than on inhaling.
2. Exhale slowly and gently as if you were blowing a bubble.
3. Abdominal breathing provides a deeper breathing.
You can practice with the following guided breathing exercise. Click the URL below.